Now that you have installed JungleMail, activated features and enabled the built-in templates, it is finally time to start creating your first campaign. In this quick tutorial, you will learn how to start sending newsletters.
Note: if you are using SharePoint 2010, please consult the dedicated tutorial for sending emails.
When sending newsletters in JungleMail you have total control. You decide what your email looks like, how personalized it should be and the exact time or times that it should be sent to your recipients. On this positive note, let's start.
1. Run JungleMail. A new JungleMail newsletter window will now pop up. In the Recipients tab, you can edit all recipient-related information.
- Newsletter title. Give your newsletter a recognizable title that will be used in
- From and Reply-To addresses.
- The recipient source by default is “SharePoint list” and is populated automatically using the current URL. If necessary, you can click the Browse button and specify a different SharePoint list. You can also use a Subscribers list or enter SharePoint and AD groups or Email addresses.
- If a SharePoint list is selected as recipient source in the 'Recipients column' drop-down list, select the SharePoint list column containing e-mail addresses of the recipients. (This is automatically selected when opening a new campaign)
- If necessary, you may also specify additional recipients of the current group e-mail in the 'Additional recipients' section.
- Exclusion filters allow you to exclude certain recipients. Simply click on Add to include a new exclusion filter. In this way, you can exclude recipients from previous jobs, recipients in other lists’ views, or simply by entering emails. You can use *@domain.com to exclude all emails for a given domain.
- In the Recipient Summary, you have a quick overview of your campaign's recipients.After you have selected all the intended recipients and have finished setting the necessary filters, click Next.
4. You can now select an existing template. If you are feeling creative you can start from scratch and build your own. Once you have selected an existing or empty template click Next again. This will open the Drag & Drop Builder. The builder lets you create original, colorful email messages, simply by dragging and dropping text boxes and images. In other words, this means that HTML code skills are no longer required to create beautiful and effective newsletters.
Wonder what your email will look like whilst you are busy editing? Click on Preview to get an impression of what it will look like on desktops and mobile devices. From the Preview tab, you will also be able to send a test email to yourself.
Once you have finished creating your newsletter, click Next again.
5. In the Settings/Send tab you can edit the following sending preferences:
- In the What to do field, you can start a workflow for each sent email.
- In the When to execute field you can indicate whether the message should be sent immediately or at a specified date and time in the future.
- In the Recurrence field, you can set the campaign to repeat itself at preset times.
- In the Send blind copy (BCC) to
field, you can specify one or several e-mail addresses that will receive a blind copy of your message.
- If the checkbox in the Group e-mail report field is checked, the job author will receive a report after the campaign has been sent.
- By checking the boxes in the Tracking section you can track how many recipients opened your email and clicked the links in it. Note: if you are using the default settings, these checkboxes will be disabled. In order to use this function, you have to configure the tracker settings. If you need help with this, consult the JungleMail tracker configuration guide.Once you are finished configuring all options, you can click Send now.
6. You will now be re-directed to the History & Monitoring tab. Here you will see your current campaign among the running and scheduled jobs. Use the Refresh button to monitor the current state of the job.
After the campaign has been sent to all recipients, it will be placed in your History. You can later re-use the recipients' and/or the content of the sent campaign.
7. Finally, in the Analysis & Reports tab, you can check the tracking statistics. Here you will see the total number of e-mail messages sent, the number of the recipients who opened your email message, clicked on the links, as well as the number of the recipients who unsubscribed from your list. You can filter the results or export them to CSV format