Now that you have installed JungleMail, activated features and enabled the built-in templates, it is finally time to start creating your first newsletter. In this quick tutorial, you will learn how to start sending newsletters.
Note: if you are using SharePoint 2010, please consult the dedicated tutorial for sending emails.
Sending process overview
When sending newsletters in JungleMail you have total control. You decide what your email looks like, how personalized it should be and the exact time or times that it should be sent to your recipients.
Open the app and select the Recipients step. Here, you can edit all recipient-related information.
- Newsletter title: give your newsletter a recognizable title.
- Newsletter category: select and assign a category to retrieve the newsletter template faster in the future.
- From: select the sender's address.
- Recipient source: the default source is a SharePoint list which is populated automatically using the specified URL. Note that you also need to specify the list's column containing recipients' addresses.
- Additional recipients: you may also specify additional recipients here.
- Exclusion filters allow you to exclude certain recipients. Simply click Add to include a new filter. For example, you can use *@domain.com to exclude all emails for a given domain.
- Attachments: select files to be added to the newsletter. You can also configure dynamic attachments here.
- Recipient Summary: a quick overview of your campaign's recipients.
Click Next on the right of the bottom menu or select the Template step. Here, you can select an existing template or click Start from Scratch to begin newsletter assembly from a clean slate.
Click Next or select the Content step. This step opens Drag & Drop Builder that allows you to create original, colorful newsletters simply by dragging and dropping text boxes and images.
Click Next or select the Preview step to get an impression of what your newsletter will look like on desktops and mobile devices. Here, you will also be able to send a test email.
Click Next again or select the Settings/Send step. Here, you can edit the following sending preferences:
- What to do: select whether to send your newsletter only or to start a workflow for each sent email.
- When to execute: specify whether the message should be sent immediately or at a specified date and time in the future.
- Recurrence: schedule your newsletter to repeat at specified times.
- Email priority: select the message importance level (displayed as an icon in email clients)
- Report: select to send a report to the job author after the newsletter has been sent.
- Tracking: select the checkboxes to track email opens and (or) link clicks. Note: if you are using the default settings, these checkboxes will be disabled. In order to use this function, you have to configure the tracker settings. If you need help with this, consult the JungleMail tracker configuration guide.
You can select any step and change its settings before sending. Select Send Now (or Schedule for scheduled newsletters).
6. History & Monitoring
After the newsletter has been sent to all recipients, it is placed in the History & Monitoring tab. You can re-use the recipients' and/or the content of the sent newsletter.
7. Analysis & Reports
Finally, in the Analysis & Reports tab, you can check the tracking statistics. Here you will see the total number of messages sent, the number of the recipients who opened your newsletter, clicked on the links, as well as the number of the recipients who unsubscribed from your list. You can filter the results or export them to CSV format.