Sending to Office 365 groups (EWS configuration)
In this tutorial, you will learn how to configure the Exchange Web Services (EWS) connection in order to send newsletters to Office 365 groups.
Connect JungleMail to EWS
1. First, you will need the EWS name of your Office 365 Exchange Online. To do this, access your mailbox account via Outlook Web App (OWA) (https://outlook.office.com/owa/).
2. Click the Settings icon in the top right corner, then click Mail > Account > POP and IMAP and copy the name of the first server on the list.
The URL of Exchange Web Services for the mailbox is the URL: https://MAIL-SERVER/EWS/Exchange.asmx. Therefore, in our case, the EWS link is https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx.
3. Go to JungleMail Site Collection Settings and check the Enable Microsoft Exchange Service Connector box. In the Web service address field, insert the EWS link you got from the step above. Then, add your domain and Office 365 user credentials. JungleMail will use this user to connect to Exchange Online and access Office 365 groups there.
4. Open JungleMail, go to the Recipients step and select SharePoint, AD groups as the recipient source.
5. In the pop-up window, select Dynamic groups and insert the name of your Office 365 group.
Important: your Office 365 group privacy type must be Public. If it is Private, your user account (that you provided in EWS Connector settings) must be a member of that group. Otherwise, JungleMail will not be able to access the group members.
6. Click OK. JungleMail will expand this group and resolve the recipients. Please note that, according to our tests, it will only take group members. If you have additional users as owners of the group, add them to group members as well.