JungleMail can automatically gather attachments for individual users when you turn on the Dynamic Attachments feature. When this feature is enabled, JungleMail will use
How to activate Dynamic Attachments
Before you can start sending Dynamic Attachments you will have to activate the feature. To do this go to Settings from the top right corner of your screen. Once you have opened settings scroll down to find the Interface and functionality control settings. Here check the box for Dynamic Attachments and save your changes.
How to use Dynamic Attachments
In this tutorial, we will add invoices as a Dynamic Attachment in a newsletter to our customers. Once this is set up, each customer will receive the invoice specific to them by sending the newsletter once.
1. To use Dynamic Attachments open JungleMail from the ribbon and create a newsletter. For this feature to work, you will need to select a SharePoint List for your recipients.
2. On the Recipients tab, select dynamic attachments. This will prompt a
3. Now click Browse and select the list you want your attachments to be taken from.
4. In this example, we have chosen to use the list that contains the invoice we will send to our customers.
5. Now you will need to set the conditions for this Dynamic Attachment. In this example,
6. Make sure that your condition is specific enough and you won't end up sending more attachments then you intended to. In this example we have included the month February, making sure that only invoices from February will be sent.
7. You have the option to select the Do not send email if
8. You can limit the number of attachments included with each individual email in your campaign. You could for example state that you want no more than 2 attachments send to each recipient. If you enter 0, it will send all the attachments available for a recipient according to the conditions set by you.
9. Once you have set all the conditions for your Dynamic Attachment, simply select Insert. Now continue with creating your newsletter the way you would normally do. If you want to double check to see if you set the Dynamic Attachment correctly you can see in Preview tab what attachments will be included for which recipients.
Tips for security and performance
Dynamic Attachments are turned off by default and should be used with care. If a particular user has a great number of documents, using this feature can put a load on SharePoint.
- Avoid sending viruses with attachments.
- Avoid sending big files.
- Attachments decrease the speed of sending your campaigns.
- Attachments decrease deliverability.