Creating an external site collection with anonymous access
In order for JungleMail to track opens, clicks, and subscriptions of external users or users connecting via external or mobile devices, you will need to place JungleMail Tracker Web Part and JungleMail Subscription Web Part on an external SharePoint site collection with anonymous access. In this tutorial, you will learn how to create such a site.
1. Create a new web application
1. Go to Central Administration, then go to Application Management > Manage Web Applications.
2. Click New.
- Leave default Classic mode authentication value.
- We recommend creating a new IIS web site and providing a meaningful name for it.
- Use a default HTTP port 80 and specify the host header name, under which this website will be accessible from the internet. Example: junglemail.yourdomain.com
- Don’t forget to create a new Cname or host record in DNS according to the host header you specified.
- Authentication provider: we recommend using NTLM, but you may use Kerberos if your network requires it.
- You want to allow Anonymous Access as this is a public site.
- There is no need to enable SSL, so we recommend leaving the default value.
- Under URL section, you will see an address by which the website will be accessible.
- EnovaPoint recommends creating a new application pool for better security and site manageability. You may create a new application pool account and register it as a managed account in SharePoint.
- In the database section, enter the database name that is meaningful to you. Don't use spaces. For example: WSS_Content_JungleMailPublic
- In Service Application Connections, select custom group of connections and disable all the unnecessary applications.
The web application has been successfully created at this point.
2. Deploy JungleMail
1. Go to Central Administration and click System Settings > Manage Farm Solutions.
2. Click on the enova.sp.junglemail.wsp solution.
3. Click Deploy Solution.
4. Choose the previously created web application.
3. Create a new site collection
4. For URL, we recommend selecting an explicit path. However, if you would like to use this web application in the future for creating new site collections, you should select a default path and click Manage path for creating multiple site collections.
5. Select the Team Site template.
6. Specify site collection administrators to access the site in altering mode. No other users should be granted permission to alter the site. Please ensure these users have strong passwords.
4. Configure anonymous access
- Entire Web site (anonymous users can view the entire content).
- Lists and libraries (anonymous users can view items only in lists and libraries that inherit permissions from the website).
- Nothing (anonymous users cannot access any content).
3. Select Entire Web Site and click OK.
5. Activate JungleMail Publishing Web Parts
1. Go to external site collection's root web site and click Site Settings > Site Collection Features.
2. Find EnovaPoint JungleMail Publishing Web Parts section and click Activate.
After you've finished creating an external site collection, the following steps vary depending on whether you want to configure tracking functionality or subscription functionality.
2a. To finish tracking configuration, configure tracking on external site collection.
2b. To finish subscription configuration, configure subscription functionality.