Creating a custom unsubscribe page
When people unsubscribe from your mailing list, it is good to know the reason why. To start gathering data on reasons for unsubscribing, you can create a custom unsubscribe page recipients will be sent to after clicking the unsubscribe link. In this JungleMail tutorial, you will learn how to create a custom unsubscribe page.
Step 1: add fields to the JungleMail Subscribers list
Additional fields in the JungleMail Subscribers list will be displayed as options (reasons for unsubscribing) on your unsubscribe page.
1. Open JungleMail Subscribers list.
2. Select the List tab in the ribbon, then select List Settings.
3. Select Create column to add a new column.
4. Select the form in which you will want the question to appear on your form. In the example below, Choice is selected.
5. Save your new column and move on to step 2.
Step 2: customize the unsubscribe page
Now you will have to add the unsubscribe options you created in step 1 to your unsubscribe page, controlled by Subscription Web Part.
1. Open JungleMail, go to Settings and click Customize Subscription Web Part behaviors templates .
2. Select the template you want to edit. (Unsubscribe for internal or external users.) 3. Click Form fields to add the questions you created in step 1. 4. Once you are finished you can save the JungleMail Subscription Web Part. Now you will be able to keep track of the reasons why people are unsubscribing from your email communications.