To uninstall JungleMail, your SharePoint account must have at least the following permissions:
- Member of the local server Administrators group (to install application files);
- Member of the SharePoint Farm Administrators group (to deploy solutions to the farm);
- SharePoint site collection administrator (to activate the features after installation).
To uninstall JungleMail
- Copy JungleMail installer on the SharePoint server running the Central Administration service. If you haven't, you can always download the installer here.
- Restart the World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC) before installation on every server running it in your SharePoint farm. You can use the
iisreset/stop / noforceand iisreset/start command line commands. This will ensure that no system files that need to be updated are locked, which could cause the installation to fail.
- Launch JungleMail Installer from SharePoint Server running Central Administration Service. The product will be automatically removed from all other SharePoint Farm servers by the SharePoint Timer service.
Note: Uninstallation may cause 2-5 minutes of downtime.
- Wait for the installer to check if JungleMail can be installed from the current machine.
- Wait for the installer to check if JungleMail is already installed.
- Choose Remove option.
- Wait for the setup to complete.
- Make sure there were no errors and close the installer.