If a new version of JungleMail is released and you have an active subscription, you can easily upgrade. We will notify you about the latest versions via email, but you can also check the JungleMail Releases page.
JungleMail is compatible with the following SharePoint versions:
- SharePoint Server 2013
- SharePoint Foundation 2013
- SharePoint Server 2016
- SharePoint Server 2019
- SharePoint Server Subscription Edition
The installation account must have at least the following permissions:
- Member of the local server Administrators group (to install application files)
- Member of the SharePoint Farm Administrators group (to deploy solutions to the farm)
- SharePoint site collection administrator (to activate JungleMail features)
Upgrading to the latest version
1. Download the latest JungleMail installer.
2. Copy the installer to the SharePoint server running the Central Administration service.
3. Restart the World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC) before installation on every server running it in your SharePoint farm. You can use the iisreset /stop /noforce and iisreset /start command line commands. This will ensure that no system files that need to be updated are locked, which could cause the installation to fail.
4. Launch the installer from SharePoint Server running Central Administration Service. The product will be automatically deployed to all other SharePoint Farm servers by the SharePoint Timer service.
5. Follow the installation wizard instructions and choose the Upgrade option.
6. When the installation is complete, review the summary screen to confirm that the product installed successfully, then click Close.
7. Restart SharePoint Timer Service on all servers.
8. Run the setup program again. Follow the installation wizard instructions and choose the Repair option.
9. When the installation is complete, review the summary screen to confirm that the product installed successfully, and click Close. JungleMail is now upgraded to the latest version.
After upgrading to JungleMail 7, go to Central Administration > JungleMail License Management. You will see that the product code is changed to JNML-1607 and JungleMail status is converted to Trial, as it requires license update and a new license key. Premium Support subscribers receive the new key as part of their subscription. Learn more how to activate JungleMail license here. If you need any help with upgrading, please contact us.