JungleMail 4 | Installation
Note: this tutorial applies to JungleMail 4 and earlier only. If you are working with JungleMail 5 or later, this tutorial does not apply to your version of JungleMail.
JungleMail is a Farm Solution, therefore it should either be installed on a SharePoint on-premises server or on a fully controllable SharePoint server in the cloud.
For the SharePoint Online/Office 365 App, go here.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2
- SharePoint Server 2010, SharePoint Foundation 2010, SharePoint Server 2013 or SharePoint Foundation 2013
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or later
- Download the latest installer here.
- Copy the installer on the SharePoint server running the Central Administration service.
- The installation account must have at least the following permissions:
- Member of the local server Administrators group (to install application files);
- Member of the SharePoint Farm Administrators group (to deploy solutions to the farm);
- SharePoint site collection administrator (to activate the features after installation).
- Restart the World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC) before installation on every server running it in your SharePoint farm. You can use the
iisreset/stop / noforceand iisreset/start command line commands. This will ensure that no system files that need to be updated are locked, which could cause the installation to fail.
- Launch JungleMail Installer from the SharePoint Server running Central Administration Service. The product will be automatically deployed to all other SharePoint Farm servers by the SharePoint Timer service. Note: installation may cause 2-5 minutes of downtime.
- Wait for setup wizard to check if JungleMail can be installed from the current machine and then follow the instructions.
- Wait for setup wizard to check if JungleMail is already installed.
- Read and accept the end-user license agreement.
- Select Web Applications you wish to use JungleMail from.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Review the Installation log to ensure that the product was installed successfully, and click Close.