JungleMail 4 | Upgrading from version 2 to 4
Note: this tutorial applies to JungleMail 4 and earlier only. If you are working with JungleMail 5 or later, this tutorial does not apply to your version of JungleMail.
Please note that when you upgrade from earlier versions to JungleMail 4, your Central Administration settings will not be preserved. All your group email jobs and recipient data will be preserved.
So to ensure fluent upgrade please follow the steps below:
- Write down Central Administration > JungleMail Global Settings.
- Write down configuration from, and remove all JungleMail Web Parts (Unsubscribe, Tracker, External Unsubscribe, External Tracker).
- Copy the installer on the SharePoint server running the Central Administration service. You can always download the latest installer from here.
- The installation account must have at least the following permissions:
- Member of the local server Administrators group (to install application files);
- Member of the SharePoint Farm Administrators group (to deploy solutions to the farm);
- SharePoint site collection administrator (to activate the features after installation).
- Restart the World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC) before installation on every server running it in your SharePoint farm. You can use the
iisreset/stop / noforceand iisreset/start command line commands. This will ensure that no system files that need to be updated are locked, which could cause the installation to fail.
- Launch JungleMail Installer from SharePoint Server running Central Administration Service. The product will be automatically deployed to all other SharePoint Farm servers by the SharePoint Timer service.
Note: Installation may cause 2-5 minutes of downtime.
- Follow setup wizard and upgrade to JungleMail 3 or higher by selecting Upgrade option:
- Configure Central Administration > JungleMail Global Settings
- Configure Site Collection Settings > JungleMail Site Collection Settings (specify the same page ULRs as was before: Unsubscribe page URL > Subscription page URL, Tracker page URL > Tracker Page URL)
- Place and configure new Web Parts on the same pages where old Web Parts have been removed (Tracker Web Part or External Tracker Web Part > Tracker Web Part, Unsubscribe Web Part > Subscriptions Web Part)