Custom "From" and "Reply-to" addresses
JungleMail offers several options to specify the From and Reply-To addresses for your sent campaigns. By default, the outgoing email settings for the Web Application are used. However, you can also manually select the From and Reply-To addresses that your campaign recipients will get to see. In this tutorial, you will learn how to do this.
1. Click on the gear icon and select Settings (the same page opens if you go to your site's settings and select EnovaPoint JungleMail Settings.
2. In the Email "From" Field section, select:
- Use SharePoint Web Application settings (default setting, accessible through Central Administration > Application Management)
- JungleMail campaign author if you want the email address of the user who created a newsletter to show as the From and Reply-to address;
- Specify email address and enter the address manually if you want the "From" address to be different from a job author's;
- Allow users to select "From" field address (self-explanatory option)
3. In the "Reply-to" Field section, select:
- Use SharePoint Web Application settings (default setting);
- Not specified (reply to sender) to send replies to the sender's address;
- Specify email address to send replies to the address independent of the sender;
- JungleMail campaign author to send replies to the job author's address
- Allow users to select "Reply-to" field address (self-explanatory option)
Some settings may disabled at the JungleMail global settings level. Global settings for a specific feature can be overridden at site collection level by site collection administrators, but only if the feature has Allow overriding this setting in site collection box checked in global settings.
Configuring preselected addresses
You can configure JungleMail so that users are able to pick from a preselected group of From and Reply-To addresses. For users to be able to select the addresses provided by you, they need at least the View permission level for the following lists:
- JungleMail From Addresses
- JungleMail Reply-to Addresses
To add a new "From" address
1. On the top level of the site collection where JungleMail is activated, click on the gear icon on the top right of the page, then select Site contents.
2. Locate and open the JungleMail From Addresses list, then click New item.
2. Enter the address in the following format: "Full Name" <E-mail Address>. Then, click Save.
Now you will be able to select your newly added email address in the Recipients step:
If the "From" or "Reply-To" fields are not displayed in the JungleMail UI, make sure that, in the JungleMail site collection settings, the features have Allow user to select From field address box checked.